The LipaLater API provides a means to retrieve the credit limit for already exisiting LipaLater customers as well as the capability to create new customers and obtain their credit limits almost instantly. The process for both user journeys is similar with minor variability highligted below.
Existing LipaLater Customer User Journey
- Prompt the customer to provide their mobile number and id number and make a request to
/api/v2/otp/send. We will use these details to check if the customer exists and send an OTP to their mobile device to confirm phone number ownership.
- Present the customer with a means to enter the OTP and make a request to
/api/v2/otp/verifyto check if the OTP is valid. If verification is successful we will send a success response containing the customer's credit limit details.
- If the customer has a sufficient limit to complete the purchase, make a request to
/api/v2/purchasesproviding the cart subtotal and item(s).
- Once the item(s) are delivered to the customer make a request to
/api/v2/purchases/to confirm the customer received the item(s). This step is critical as it will finalize disbursing the loan to the customer.
New Customer User Journey
- Prompt the customer to provide their personal details e.g name, id number, date of birth, gender essentially the details on their National ID. Push these details to
/api/v2/otp/send. We will verify these details and send an OTP to the customer to confirm phone number ownership.
- Present the customer with an input to enter the OTP and make a request to
- Proceed to capture the customer's occupational details and make a request to
/api/v2/limitsto initiate credit scoring and retrieve the customer's credit limit.
- The next steps are the last two steps specified in the existing customer user journey.
OTP verification is mandatory, failure to do so will result in an error when trying to retrieve credit limits through the provided endpoints.